- A blood test to measure hormone levels is only necessary if the pregnancy is not visible on the ultrasound.
- The follow-up appointment is now made by phone.
- A urine pregnancy test must be done at home 4 weeks after taking the first medication.
Our abortion clinic
Our abortion clinic is equivalent to a private abortion clinic, but with a community-driven and feminist approach. We offer this service to all women. You are not required to have a medical file with the Centre de santé des femmes de Montréal (Montréal Women’s Health Centre).
A unique community-driven feminist approach
At the Centre, the staff is well aware of the taboos tied to abortion and the emotions that may accompany this choice. They offer their support throughout the process, using a feminist approach which aims to empower women and give them full control over their bodies and health.
Two abortion methods
We offer to types of abortions:
– Surgical abortion: it takes place at the Centre, during a 2- 3 hour appointment.
IMPORTANT: certain health conditions could result in a contraindication for an abortion in an external clinic. If you have any health issues, such as diabetes, heart problems, a heavier weight, blood clotting problems or uncontrolled asthma, mention it to us when you make your appointment. If you have any doubts or questions, let us know when you make your appointment. If the doctor believes that it would be safer for you to undergo an abortion in a hospital setting, we will help you make an appointment.
– Medical abortion: you will take two medications. The first one you need to take a the Centre is the mifepristone. It stops the pregnancy. The second medication is the misoprostol. You will take it at home, 24h to 48h later maximum. It facilitates the expulsion of the pregnancy.
In order to decide which one is for you, it is essential that you read the following informations.