Please be informed that the Centre de santé des femmes de Montréal remains open, as we consider abortions to be an essential service. The current situation concerning COVID-19 is still evolving. As such, we have taken steps to limit the presence of people at the Centre therefore reducing the risk of propagation. You can rest assured that we take your health and that of our team very seriously.
The following measures have been put into place:
To make an appointment :
- If you have returned to Canada from a foreign country in the past 14 days, you must self-isolate during the 14 days following your return. Your appointment will be scheduled after this period.
- If you have symptoms associated with the virus (fever, dry cough, fatigue), you must wait until the symptoms have subsided before making an appointment.
- If you have been in contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days before making an appointment.
- If you already have an appointment with us and any of the above situations apply to you, please contact us as soon as possible in order to change your appointment.
Once at the Center :
- Only women with an appointment will be admitted. As always, they will be accompanied by team members during the entire process.
- With the exception of interpreters, anyone coming to the clinic to accompany women will not be allowed to enter. They will be advised by phone when the person they are accompanying is ready to leave.
- You will be required to wear a mask for the duration of your time at the Centre. We suggest that you bring your own.
- Upon your arrival, a worker will take your temperature, ask you a few questions and ask you to disinfect your hands.
As of April 1st 2020, the gynecology clinic offers consultations by phone only. A doctor will be able to renew or prescribe contraception, answer your sexual health questions and, if necessary, examine you in person. The gynecology clinic is only accessible to women who already have a medical file, members of the Centre and women referred by partner organizations. The nurse clinic is suspended until further notice.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. You can reach us by telephone during business hours at 514 270-6110.
Thank you for your cooperation.